The Tea Leaf Center is a social enterprise research and training consulting firm based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The Tea Leaf Center supports locally-led research by providing tailored coaching and training, on – call support, and platforms to connect researchers.
Areas of work
Creating a community of practice among diverse researchers.
Building the research skills of community organizations.
Conducting reliable research.
We give research support and training including:
- Mentorship through all stages of a research project
- Writing skills for civil society
- Customized research skills training
- Help designing and implementing MEL processes
Be part of a community of like minded researchers by:
- Contributing to the TLC’s work
- Write a blog post
- Join and share our newsletters
- Share your research/resources with our network
- Participating in discussion events
- Joining our network
We work with universities to:
- Help make conferences more inclusive by providing support to non-academics
- Help speakers understand context based ethical considerations
- Host discussions on research
Job Description: Research and Training Assistant (Burmese-Language) Deadline: July 2, 2021 The Tea Leaf Center The Tea Leaf Center is a social enterprise research and training consulting… Read more
“Do not enter.” By: Psyche The Myanmar military often posts this sign on land that they have forcefully appropriated from local owners and residents. Ethnic minorities of… Read more “DO NOT ENTER”
Last week in Thanphyuyat, I was stopped at the toll gate. The soldier there confiscated and checked my phone. I’m used to soldiers checking things: It reminded me of when they checked my ID in Rakhine State. But there’s a feeling of numb panic when someone checks your phone during a military coup.
As an ethnic minority in Myanmar, I have a different lens on the story than most. You see, for many ethnic groups, we distrust both the military and the National League for Democracy…
Academic Writing Online Course 15hrs total
Dates | TBD
Week 1 T/W/TH
Week 2 T/TH
- Able to learn in English
- Work or Volunteer for an NGO, CBO, or similar organization.
- You will use what you learn in your work.
HOW IS THE COURSE TAUGHT?:
- Each class includes a mix of lecture, exercises.
- Each day you will have a writing assignment the next class.
- You will read and give feedback to your peers.
- 5 classes over two weeks, each class is three hours long.
- 1 writing assignment per class
YOU WILL LEARN :
- styles of writing and how academic writing differs from other styles
- paragraph and academic writing structures,
- writing skills (such as introduction, methodology, literature review, findings vs. discussions, conclusion and writing an abstract),
- connecting theory and data
PRICE: 3,000 THB
- Full or partial scholarships may be available
To join our network of researchers and trainers, please send us your CV, a cover letter explaining why you want to join, and register here. You will have access to our network page only after you have submitted the required documents and are approved by the Tea Leaf Center.