Job Description: Social Media Intern
Deadline: April 18th, 2021
The Tea Leaf Center
The Tea Leaf Center is a social enterprise research and training consulting firm in Chiang Mai, Thailand. We support locally-led research by providing tailored coaching and training, on-call support, and platforms to connect research.
The Tea Leaf Center was registered as a company limited in Thailand in 2019. Since its formation, the Tea Leaf Center and its directors have conducted evaluations and other research for international and local NGOs and conducted trainings on writing and research for local organizations working in environmental conservation, land rights, public health, migrant education, human rights, and other areas. We have also worked with a local university to support quality academic research in Myanmar.
Why “The Tea Leaf Center”?
The Tea Leaf Center is founded and directed by the two experienced researchers who have lived and worked across Southeast Asia. Since its inception in 2019, the Tea Leaf Center has conducted many research projects, with its focus on Myanmar and Northern Thailand. It has also formed strong connections with other CBOs, CSOs, and NGOs to collaborate in the future. Since the Tea Leaf Center is still in its start-up phase, this position gives the opportunity to contribute to the development of the organization, to learn about managing social media and organizing events, and to meet researchers from around the world.
The Tea Leaf Center is recruiting a social media intern to support translation, editing online posts, graphic designing, and other similar projects. The social media intern will help with the planning of social media posts/campaigns to increase visibility and gain more interaction from target groups with the Tea Leaf Center. The intern is also responsible for the translation of contents from English to Burmese and/or Thai and vice versa to reach wider audience in Southeast Asia Region. This position will be part-time, with flexibility of working remotely according to the Tea Leaf Center’s policy.
- Assist on planning social media posts and campaigns.
- Assist on the translation of social media posts and other research documents from English to Burmese and/or Thai and vice versa.
- Help build more collaboration with other stakeholders or potential partners online, including by providing translation at meetings with partners.
- Develop social media research for upcoming projects.
- Attend meetings and conferences, and other events on behalf of the Tea Leaf Center.
- Assist in organizing events to promote locally-led research, including public talks, forums, roundtables, and others.
- Enrolled in the 3rd or the final year of bachelor’s studies or a recent graduate in Journalism, Mass Communication, Marketing, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms.
- Fluent Burmese and proficient English; another regional language including Karen, Shan, Thai would be considered an asset.
- Commitment to empowering local communities and civil society organizations.
- Ability to interact respectfully and inclusively with people of diverse backgrounds, including ethnic and religious minorities and other marginalized populations.
- Other things that seen fit in this position.
The social media intern will receive a minimum guaranteed monthly stipend to cover his/her transportation and communication expenses.
How to Apply
Send the following application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media Intern” by April 18th, 2021. (Applications will be reviewed when received and a decision may be made before the deadline):
- CV/resume; and
- Cover letter explaining relevant experience and reason for applying.